Comprehensive Automobile & Car Insurance in Halifax & Surrounding Areas in Nova Scotia
Do you have a teenager that’s finally ready to take the wheel of the family car? Or it’s time to see if the car insurance companies in Halifax are offering any new products that will save you money?
When you start doing a bit of research, it can get overwhelming fast. What you really want is a car insurance broker right here in Halifax, NS. That’s where we come in.
Our Best Features
- With our 24/7 emergency claim service, you know that your claim will start moving through the system right away.
- We offer competitive rates and you get personalized service.
- We know Halifax and the region. If you tell us you had an accident at the intersection of Robie, Quinpool, Cogswell and Bell Road, we understand exactly what you are talking about.
- We have customers from all over the Halifax Regional Municipality, including Dartmouth, Bedford, Sackville, Porters Lake, Hammonds Plains and all the neighbourhoods in between.
Options for Drivers in Halifax and Surrounding Areas
Nova Scotia residents expect affordable and reliable car insurance that will take care of them after an accident. To make sure that is exactly what you get, we sit down with you to choose the right policy for your individual needs.
- Liability. Also called public liability and property damage (PLPD) insurance, covers injuries and damages you may cause when you drive your vehicle.
- Accident benefits coverage. This is also required. It covers the cost of medical bills and lost wages that you may suffer as a result of an accident, even if you are at fault.
- Direct compensation for property damage. Nova Scotia law now requires drivers to have DCPD insurance. It provides coverage for your vehicle if somebody else hits you or is at fault.
- Collision. Covers repairs to your vehicle after an accident, regardless of who is at fault. If repairs were to cost more than the vehicle is worth, the policy reimburses you up to the fair market value of the automobile. Since this is not mandatory, the quality of coverage depends on the policy you choose.
- High-risk driver. If you are considered a high-risk driver, we can find you the kind of coverage that will let you stay on Halifax roads.
- Comprehensive. Covers damage to your vehicle that is unrelated to an accident. It insures against theft, fire, vandalism, environmental damage and other “I never considered that before” items.
Car and Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia: FAQs
At Eisenhauer Insurance Inc., we’re dedicated to providing Nova Scotians with comprehensive and affordable car insurance policies. Our knowledgeable agents are available to answer any of your questions. However, to make things easier for you, we’ve answered some of the most common questions about auto insurance in Nova Scotia below.
1. What’s mandatory auto insurance in Nova Scotia?
In Nova Scotia, your auto insurance policy must include the following elements:
- Liability covers you if you’re involved in a crash where you’re to blame, and the other driver files a claim against you.
- Accident benefits cover you and any passengers in the event of an accident.
- Direct compensation covers vehicle damage in a crash where you’re not at fault or only partially at fault.
- Uninsured automobile covers you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance.
The minimum liability coverage in Nova Scotia is $200,000. However, we don’t recommend a policy with such low protection because you may have to pay a balance if you’re in a severe crash. We recommend a liability policy of at least $1 million. Those in the insurance industry typically opt for a $2 million liability policy.
2. What’s the penalty for driving without auto insurance in Nova Scotia?
3. Can I drive someone else’s car if that car is uninsured?
4. What factors determine auto insurance rates in Nova Scotia?
6. How much does it cost to register a car in Nova Scotia?
7. How do auto insurance rates in Nova Scotia compare to other provinces?
8. What does no-fault car insurance mean?
9. Who sets auto insurance rates in Nova Scotia?
At Eisenhauer, we offer no-pressure, no-obligation, consultative insurance services.
Don’t Hesitate to Contact Us!