23/04/2016 0 Comments
Keep Your Teen Drivers Safe on Summer Road Trips—Tips from Your Car Insurance Provider in Nova Scotia
How to Reduce Your Teen’s High-Risk Driving Behaviours
If your teen is taking off with a few friends for a summer road trip, you will not be there to watch their every move. There are some things you can do to hopefully reduce their high risk driving habits, for instance:
- Make Sure Your Teen Is Ready - Before taking off with the family car, make sure your teen is responsible and experienced enough. The majority of crashes among new drivers happen because they underestimate dangerous situations and are less likely to recognize hazards. If your teen has not exhibited responsible behaviour behind the wheel, do not let them take the family car. It’s easier to deal with their disappointment than with accidents and injury.
- Strictly Emphasize No Texting or Talking - Make sure your teen is mindful that there is no texting or talking on their phone while driving.
- Check Your Car Insurance in Halifax - Review your coverage and make sure if your teen travels out of the city or country, you are still covered.
- Provide an Emergency Kit - Make sure the family car has an emergency roadside kit and that your teen knows how to change the tires, use road flares, etc.
- Educate Your Teen about the Risks - Not only could your teen risk their life (as well as the lives of any passengers), but too many tickets or accidents will dramatically increase their Halifax insurance rates.
Learn more about high-risk car insurance in Nova Scotia or review your existing insurance coverage by calling Eisenhauer Insurance today. Call us at 902-454-5888 to get started or request a quote online.
Return to main blog page