16/08/2017 0 Comments
Is Your Halifax Car Insurance Premium Spookier than Halloween?
Tips to Avoid Overpaying for Auto Insurance in Halifax
There are plenty of ways to reduce how much you are paying or help reduce how much you pay in the future. Just some things you can do to help lower your premium include:
- Avoiding Gaps - Any time you switch policies, you need to make sure you are completely covered at all times. If for any reason you experience a gap of over 2 years, it could raise your premiums.
- Use Applicable Discounts – Depending on the policy, you may qualify for a discount. Ask your insurance broker which discounts may apply to your insurance plan and see how much you can save by applying them.
- Relocate - While this is not possible for everyone, if your lease is almost up or you are already relocating, check out the crime rate in the area. Get quotes from your insurance broker on different neighborhoods and see how they affect your rate. You may be surprised at the insights.
- Older Cars – If you have an older vehicle, comprehensive or collision coverage may not be worth the extra premium. Consider how much the vehicle is worth and whether the cost of insurance is more than the cost to replace the vehicle.
- Shop Around at Regular Intervals – As a policy is about to expire, do not renew until you have shopped around to compare insurance rates with others. Also, review your insurance policy with your broker to make sure you are taking advantage of the best rates.
Call a Trusted Broker to Make Sure You Are Not Paying Too Much
The only way to make sure you are truly getting the best rate is to work with a local broker. An established car insurance agency in Halifax will compare rates from multiple insurers to find you the best deal and make your insurance statement a little less frightening!
If you think you are paying too much, contact Eisenhauer Insurance today for insurance quotes in Nova Scotia.