16/08/2017 0 Comments
How the Right Insurance Coverage Can Help You Protect Your Motorcycle This Winter
Preparing Your Two-Wheeler for Storage
If you plan on putting your motorcycle into storage during the winter months, there are a few things you should do to make sure that it stays in top condition while you’re waiting for the spring thaw.
- Give it a good wash—removing dirt and debris will reduce the chance of corrosion and rust messing up your ride.
- Lube the chain—After you’ve thoroughly cleaned your bike, apply a good quality lubricant to all moving parts.
- Change the oil—Condensation and corrosive elements can build up in your oil and you don’t want those eating away at your bike all winter.
- Remove the battery—Taking out the battery and storing it in a warm, dry place will ensure that no acid leakage occurs over the winter.
- Fill ‘er up—Make sure that the gas tank is full and you’ve added some fuel stabilizer to the mix to prevent winter freezing.
Motorcycle Insurance in Halifax Nova Scotia
To keep your motorcycle protected from damage and accidents while it’s in storage, you’ll want to make sure that you are fully covered with the right motorcycle insurance plan. There are a number of different factors that can affect your motorcycle insurance rates in Nova Scotia and you should keep that in mind when shopping around for the right plan. Consider the following:
- The type of motorcycle that you have
- The size of your motorcycle’s engine
- Your age and driving record
- Any safety certifications that you hold
Check with your Nova Scotia insurance company to find out exactly which factors are affecting your rates or call Eisenhauer Insurance for more details.
You might think that cancelling your motorcycle insurance policy over winter will save you money but a lot can happen while your bike is in storage. Removing your insurance coverage will remove your protection against:
- Other weather-related damage
Having year-round coverage also means that you’ll be able to ride your bike on clear winter days. Just make sure that your motorcycle’s tires are winter tires so that you can stay safe.
Wanna learn more? Contact Eisenhauer Insurance for information on our competitive motorcycle insurance rates all over Nova Scotia or to get a quote. One of our friendly, experienced brokers is standing by to help you find the best rate for your needs. Call today!