How the Right Insurance Coverage Can Help You Protect Your Motorcycle This Winter
Winter has come to Nova Scotia and that means that most motorcycles will be hidden away in storage until spring. Keep reading for tips on the best way to prepare your motorcycle for storage and the benefits of year-round motorcycle insurance coverage.
Preparing Your Two-Wheeler for StorageIf you plan on putting your motorcycle into storage during the winter months, there are a few things you should do to make sure that it stays in top condition while you’re waiting for the spring thaw.
- Give it a good wash—removing dirt and debris will reduce the chance of corrosion and rust messing up your ride.
- Lube the chain—After you’ve thoroughly cleaned your bike, apply a good quality lubricant to all moving parts.
- Change the oil—Condensation and corrosive elements can build up in your oil and you don’t want those eating away at your bike all winter.
- Remove the battery—Taking out the battery and storing it in a warm, dry place will ensure that no acid leakage occurs over the winter.
- Fill ‘er up—Make sure that the gas tank is full and you’ve added some fuel stabilizer to the mix to prevent winter freezing.
Motorcycle Insurance in Halifax Nova ScotiaTo keep your motorcycle protected from damage and accidents while it’s in storage, you’ll want to make sure that you are fully covered with the right motorcycle insurance plan. There are a number of different factors that can affect your motorcycle insurance rates in Nova Scotia and you should keep that in mind when shopping around for the right plan. Consider the following:
- The type of motorcycle that you have
- The size of your motorcycle’s engine
- Your age and driving record
- Any safety certifications that you hold
You might think that cancelling your motorcycle insurance policy over winter will save you money but a lot can happen while your bike is in storage. Removing your insurance coverage will remove your protection against:
- Other weather-related damage
Wanna learn more? Contact Eisenhauer Insurance for information on our competitive motorcycle insurance rates all over Nova Scotia or to get a quote. One of our friendly, experienced brokers is standing by to help you find the best rate for your needs. Call today!